Sunday 11 October 2015

Mak's Noodles @ Westgate

A short post about the newly opened Mak's Noodles outlet at Westgate. I'm guessing that news of its opening traveled quite fast as there was a decent queue at around 5 in the evening. Anyway, the restaurant seating capacity is quite small but at least the turnover rate is pretty high. There wasn't much difference sitting inside the air-conditioned area, felt pretty humid altogether.

Anyway, as "warned" by others, I wasn't too surprised that the portion sizes of the noodles were pretty small. Price-wise per bowl is around 7++ depending on what you ordered. I ordered the Dumpling Noodles, which was enough to feed half a man. The other bowls that were ordered by my party were the same size.


Dumpling noodles
The broth was clear and the noodles were firm with a comforting springiness to it. The beef tendon variant's broth was thicker which I was not too fond of. The dish also came with a decent amount of dumplings (like 3 big ones?) Taste-wise, the dish wasn't anything to write home about.

I was surprised that Mak's Noodles charged both the service charge and GST especially when the place seemed more like a road-side stall that operates like a fast-food chain (without the efficiency).

The mineral water and loh hon gor drink I ordered came absurdly late (right after I finished my noodles), despite me informing the staff members to check on the order earlier. Payment was also made at the cashier. As such, I  was unhappy that I was made for paying the charge for the sub-par service.







Overall rating: 7/10

If they got rid of the service charge, I would probably bump up the rating slightly. The food is decent but definitely not worth the hype, especially if you have to queue a while for it. Although I may return to give a second chance in the distant future to try other dishes like the liver and porridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment